Title: The Next Generation Knowledge Manager
Synopsis: The workforce of the future requires diversity (generational, foreign talent, race, culture), resilience and propensity to value-add. With constant change, static skills and knowledge quickly becomes obsolete and productivity consequently drops.
In the age of free information, knowledge is cheap and freely available. It does not take much to learn and competitive advantage is lost very quickly. It is imperative for knowledge managers to recalibrate their mental models to capture and dispense the right knowledge to the right people at the right time. Understanding the ecology of knowledge will enable KM professionals to make a greater impact to create greater value for their organizations.
This workshop addresses the needs of organizations to remain competitive for the future. As knowledge managers support and sustain the quality and flow of information, fresh mental models will facilitate greater effectiveness for KM professionals to collect, collate, and create conducive environments for workers to share knowledge and expertise.
1. To impart awareness and inspire change on new mental models for work and value add in the new economy
2. To define knowledge needs in the New Economy and distil mental models for effective capture
3. Discover themselves and be inspired to be a change agent for adding real value to organizations
4. To understand and work with the new ecology of knowledge in the context of the changing nature of work
5. To create an Action Plan to motivate people to share knowledge
6. To develop a Personal Action Plan that is aligned to the fresh mental models for effective knowledge capture in their organizations
7. To be an example of a true change agent to champion positive behaviour and attitudes
8. To be aware of management 2.0 and able to utilize key constructs to improve engagement and productivity
Trainer: David Lock, Founder and Managing Director, Arrows with Soul Pte. Ltd (Click here to view David Lock CV)
Date & Time: 28th Apr 2014 (Mon), 9 am – 5 pm (Registration begins at 8.30 am)
Cost: $200 (iKMS Members), $250 (non-iKMS Members)
Venue: NUSS Suntec City Guild House, Campus Room
3 Temasek Boulevard (Tower 5)
#02- 401/402 Suntec City Mall